Trial and Appellate Litigation
Ms. Willensky maintains a general practice concentrating in representation of sports arena operators and athletic equipment manufacturers; commercial and civil litigation, appeals and mediation; trusts and estates litigation, including contested accounting matters; commercial transactional matters and real estate. She handles all phases of dispute resolution, from pre-litigation strategic positioning to the drafting of court documents, from the preparation, research and argument of motions, to discovery, trial, appeal and settlement. Ms. Willensky has been of counsel to the firm for nearly a decade and has been actively involved as a senior litigator in a number of its media litigation matters, providing research, drafting and other strategic and tactical support.
- For over twenty years, Ms. Willensky has been heavily involved in sports injury and premises liability defense, particularly in the ski industry and with respect to ski and sports equipment manufacturers. In that regard she has worked closely with firm Of Counsel Carol Schrager.
- Ms. Willensky also provides a broad range of representation to corporations, board members, co-ops, condominium and homeowner associations, closely held businesses, professional entities and individuals in a variety of fields (e.g., accountants, architects, attorneys, author, contractors, subcontractors, dentists, doctors, retail shop owners, medical equipment and other distributors, curriculum designer, internet site developer, travel agent, oil and gas exploration company, home health services agency, insurance company board member, trucking company board member).
- In addition to litigated matters, Ms. Willensky provides advice and counseling with respect to risk management, business affairs, contract drafting and negotiation, including consulting, joint venture and independent contractor agreements; indemnification, non-competition, employment and related agreements; planning for and resolution of business, ERISA, insurance, construction and shareholder disputes; buy-sell, partnership, shareholder and related corporate agreements; publishing contracts; and website terms and conditions.
- Harvard Law School (cum laude), 1979: Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Harvard Women’s Law Journal.
- Cornell University, College of Arts and Sciences, A.B. (cum laude), 1976: Major: Humanities College Scholar; Independent Major in Women’s Studies; Concentration in Law and Society; Honors: Phi Beta Kappa; Mortarboard; Dean’s List.
- Breed, Abbott & Morgan, New York, NY, 1979-1990: Senior litigator, full case management responsibility. Appeared in New York State courts and federal courts in New York, Texas, Illinois and Australia. Primarily complex securities, computer fraud, contract, libel (Luisi v. J. Walter Thompson), antitrust, unfair competition, and contested probate matters; represented major corporations, executives and high net worth individuals.
- Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue, Cleveland, Ohio, 1977: Summer Associate.
Representative Reported Cases
- Flowers v. Hunter Mt. Bowl, Inc., 303 A.D.2d 363 (2d Dep’t 2003);
- Bono v. Hunter Mountain Ski Bowl, Inc., 269 A.D.2d 482 (2d Dep’t 2000);
- Bruno v. Hunter Mountain Ski Bowl, Inc., 248 A.D.2d 660 (2d Dep’t 1998);
- Ruderman v. Adames, 224 A.D.2d 222 (1st Dep’t 1996).
- Admitted, New York and USDC for Southern and Eastern Districts, 1980;
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals, 1999;
- Mediator, SDNY (White Plains panel);
- Arbitrator, Ninth Judicial District Fee Dispute Arbitration Panel;
- Founder and Principal, Preventive Writing™;
- Westchester Women’s Bar Ass’n, Director and former Vice President, Corresponding Secretary, former Chair of Corporate/Commercial Committee, Newsletter Editor-in-Chief, and Author, “Corporate and Commercial Roundup”;
- Contributor, Westchester Business Journal;
- Lecturer, Pace Law School New Directions Program, National Academy of Continuing Legal Education, “Federal and New York State Laws on Electronic Signature Validity: Affecting Everything from Death to Taxes”